Senior Final


This year was my senior year, and it was supposed to be the best. Truthfully? This past semester has been the worst in E-com Ive ever had. Not because of you Mrs. Smith, but because of the way our feature film was executed. This year I was genuinely excited to actually be involved, and get to make the movie poster. I was excited to get to actually have a role. In my last blog post I even said "

   My production role is Publicist, which is the one I wanted. Im excited about this years film if we execute it correctly. I already have ideas for the poster and Im excited to allow my photography side come into this class."

I waited for weeks to be told what to do and when we would schedule a photoshoot, I drew up a sketch for what I had an idea for, I even showed Courtney for the documentary because I genuinely thought I was going to get to do what I had been looking forward to. Leah told me multiple times she was going to come and talk to me and I even asked her about it once and it got pushed back. she asked me to do something once and I was about to do it and then she said never mind and did it herself. When the class got to see the poster I was confused and hurt because no one told me that Leah took it upon herself to make it without telling me, and that was the one thing I wanted to do. I wanted to be able to see my work on the walls and in frames. I didn't say anything about it because it was too late to change anything. Leah also didn't want to put me in the credits of the film because I "didn't do anything". And then spelt my name wrong on the poster and in the films ending credits. This didn't feel like a class film, it felt like someone was dominating it and not allowing the students to be involved in a student film, and that was what made me hate it so much. I have not wanted to say anything because I didn't want to be rude or ruin anyones pride with the film coming out this past week, but it really upset and hurt my feelings when I saw everyone signing posters and purposefully leaving out my friends and I because the class got so cliche-y. I wasn't the only person this happened to, Leah also hated Miles' music and tried to take it out after he worked so hard. This is a student film and it really upsets me that the student work isn't being accepted, its just one student who's taking it all over. This has kept me up at night trying to figure out how to tell you and the only way I could think of was through this semester blog post. Being in your class these past two years has brought me my friends, and its been a good escape from school.

   

MUSIC VIDEO

For the music video in this class we did K by CAS. The story followed a girl and a boyfriend who he kept filming her, and then things kept happening to make them breakup. We see them breakup and split apart. We filmed all of this in one night in Kansas City MO. I was very proud of this project. The editing and the cinematography was very pretty and aesthetic and fit the mood of the song. The only problem that we had was we wanted to do a shot where the girl was standing by a car and then disappeared, it unfortunately didn't work out like we wanted it to.
 We wanted to make the video have a VHS cam corder type of feel to is instead of a regular type video.

https://youtu.be/-li1EgtztZY

In the end we took out the car scene because we didn't care for the way it looked since it didn't work out well.

SHORT FILM AND THROUGH MY EYES

 For the last project of the semester, we were assigned a short film. Our original idea was an older woman giving a eulogy at a funeral for her young lover, and shown through flashbacks and a voiceover. We originally tried to film it like this but we couldn't get it to work due to actors and scheduling conflicts. In the end, we just had to change the concept completely and do a through my eyes.
https://youtu.be/EsP7NsJv-Vg
, it was a day in the life of my best friends and I, and I was quite happy with the outcome and so were my friends, we thought it was funny and sweet.
I ended up having some extra time last week so I tried to edit a version with the voiceover that we had originally filmed for our short film. I changed the concept up and added shots of me from the music video just for fun so I could be involved too, I edited, directed, filmed, and wrote the piece.

https://youtu.be/DVxpNdUh88o

 The videos didn't turn out how I wanted them to only because I had to do them at home on a software that I just downloaded that night and had never used before.

DOCUMENTARY
 For the documentary, I originally wanted to do something with One Direction, but I was having a hard time finding original clips, and clear ones at that. I ended up compiling all of the videos my friends and I have taken of each other over the past 2 school years, and it became something very close to my heart, considering were all graduating in less than a week and going our separate ways for college. Since all the footage was already compiled, it was really just editing. which was easier and i just learned how to hone my editing skills and technique.
https://youtu.be/tX9-2U6oCfE

Another project Im proud of is my website, it really showcases who I am and my photography skills.
https://891fnm27.wixsite.com/mysite



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo

What is Graphic Design?

The Hidden Reflection Blog