1 in 2000

card tricks with josh brodie

    Olathe Northwest, one of the high schools in the widely recognized Olathe School District, has many talented and interesting students. Ranging from Sports to hobbies. Josh Brodie a sophomore who attends Olathe Northwest is recognized by many for his amazing talent for card tricks. I was amazed by the tricks and the way he did them, one of this favorite things as well. Josh exclaimed his love for card tricks is driven by the audience and their reactions, the way that the audience is so amazed. 

  We were told to dig deep and find a personal story to use. While everyone has a story that can be told, not everyone has one thats as unique as this. Using premiere pro I added in sound effects of the cards being shuffled to give the interview more of a feeling that he was right next to you shuffling the cards.

   Audio was a huge part of this assignment. Its all thats there. We used chunks of an interview that was filmed in a private location so that we could hear Josh's voice with no background noise, although you can hear someone dropping something in the sound bites. We started by making subclips of the audio chunks, to section it off and get everything in its place and organized.


Next, I went through my soundbites and found the ones that sounded the most professional and clean, incorporating those into my final script.
The script I read off of was based off of those sound clips of Josh that I had, it was definitely a challenge to work around those.

Using my iPhones audio recording app, I read through my script and imported it into Premiere Pro.   Adding in the sub clips into the missing pieces of the script.

A true challenge to this project was the audio since it was purely audio. I adjusted the audio gain and channels, going to -12DB to make them all even.  The short cut 'g' pulls up audio gain.                                    












All in all I am proud of how this project ended up. There were struggles and things learned through this project. Although those things come to mind, it was fun making this project and I would do it all over again, just better.



 Card Tricks with Josh Brodie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo

What is Graphic Design?