Lucas Manzella Hockey Star

  Lucas Manzella Hockey Star

 For the second Feature Story of the first semester, I chose to go along the path of interviewing and making a story out of my younger brother, Lucas Manzella's hockey career. I interviewed my brother and made sure to add bits about his recently broken leg. I used B-Roll to cover up the jump cuts. The voiceover was recorded with my iPhone in the audio booth. The requirements were 2 interviews, a voiceover, and b-roll. 

 The Process of this feature story was easier than the last, not only did I choose a story that had easy and accessible B-Roll, but I chose a story that was close to my heart and personal, Hockey has effected my life just has it has effected my brothers. We travel and spend money on this sport and I knew this was an interesting yet original story. Getting Lucas to agree wasn't hard, he loves to show off his skills when it comes to hitting the puck. He made sure to make a few goals during a game for good B-Roll as well. When doing feature stories a story board is not required. 

A take-away that I have from doing this feature story, is that while doing a story over a relative that you know well, its the audience that doesn't know them so you need information thats not over bearing but information that will help you tell a story and let the audience know who the story is over. 

One thing I would do differently for next time is the audio, I would like to use a proper microphone for the voice over so that all audio levels are even.

One thing I would do the same, is the quality and amount of B-ROLL, I felt that I had more broll than needed and that really helped because I didn't struggle with what to use and where to put it or have to repeat it. 

For the next project, I hope that I choose something that has easily accessible b-roll just like this feature story. 

I had fun doing a story over my brother and getting to share his story about hockey. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo

What is Graphic Design?